JETSON JRACER-BLK Racer Folding Electric Scooter Instruction Manual
1.1California Proposition 65
1.3ADDITIONAL OPERATION CAUTIONS
1.4DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERY
2What’s in the Box
4.1Charging the Battery
4.2Unfolding / Folding the Racer
4.4Operating the Racer
5.1Using the Thumb Throttle / Handbrake
6Riding the Racer
8Enjoying the ride?
8.1Questions? Let us know.
9Documents / Resources
9.1Related Manuals / Resources
- Before use, please read the user manual and safety warnings carefully, and make sure you understand and accept all the safety instructions. The user will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by improper use.
- Before each cycle of operation, the operator shall perform the pre-operation checks specified by the manufacturer: That all guards and pads originally supplied by the manufacturer are in proper place and in serviceable condition; That the braking system is functioning properly; That any and all axle guards, chain guards, or other covers or guards supplied by the manufacturer are in place and in serviceable condition; That tires are in good condition, inflated properly, and have sufficient tread remaining; The area that the product is to be operated should be safe and suitable for safe operation.
- Components shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and using only the manufacturer’s authorized replacement parts with installation performed by dealers or other skilled persons.
- Warning against recharging non-rechargeable batteries.
- Don’t allow hands, feet, hair, body parts, clothing, or similar articles to come in contact with moving parts, wheels, or drive train, while the motor is running.
- This product should not be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Unsupervised children should not play with the product (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Adult supervision is required.
- The rider should not exceed 220 lb.
- Units shall not be operated to perform racing, stunt riding, or other maneuvers, which may cause loss of control, or may cause uncontrolled operator/passenger actions or reactions.
- Never use near motor vehicles.
- Avoid sharp bumps, drainage grates, and sudden surface changes. Scooter may suddenly stop.
- Avoid streets and surfaces with water, sand, gravel, dirt, leaves, and other debris. Wet weather impairs traction, braking, and visibility.
- Avoid riding around flammable gas, steam, liquid, or dust that could cause fire.
- Operators shall adhere to all of the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions, as well as comply with all laws and ordinances:
Units without headlights shall be operated only with adequate daylight conditions of visibility, and; Owners shall be encouraged to highlight (for conspicuity) using lighting, reflectors, and for low-riding units, signal flags on flexible poles.
- Persons with the following conditions shall be cautioned not to operate: Those with heart conditions; Pregnant women; Persons with head, back, or neck ailments, or prior surgeries to those areas of the body; and persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical dexterity or mental capabilities to recognize, understand, and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use.
- Do not ride at night.
- Do not ride after drinking or taking prescription medication.
- Do not carry items when riding.
- Never operate the product barefooted.
- Always wear shoes and keep shoelaces tied.
- Make sure your feet are always placed securely on the deck.
- Operators always shall use appropriate protective clothing, including but not limited to a helmet, with appropriate certification, and any other equipment recommended by the manufacturer: Always wear protective equipment such as helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
- Be alert to things in front and far away from you.
- Do not allow distractions when riding, such as answering the phone or engaging in any other activities.
- The product cannot be ridden by more than one person.
- When you ride the product along with other riders, always keep a safe distance to avoid a collision.
- When turning, be sure to maintain your balance.
- Riding with improperly adjusted brakes is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.
- The brake may become hot while operating, do not touch the brake with your bare skin.
- Applying brakes too hard or too suddenly can lock up a wheel, which could cause you to lose control and fall. Sudden or excessive application of the brake may result in injury or death.
- If the brake loosens, please adjust with the hexagon wrench, or please contact Jetson Customer Care.
- Replace worn or broken parts immediately.
- Check whether all safety labels are in place and understood before riding.
- The owner shall allow the use and operation of the unit after a demonstration that such operators can understand and operate all components of the unit before use.
- Do not ride without proper training. Do not ride at high speeds, on uneven terrain, or on slopes. Do not perform stunts or turn abruptly.
- Recommended for indoor use.
- Prolonged exposure to UV rays, rain and the elements may damage the enclosure materials, store indoors when not in use.
California Proposition 65
WARNING: This product can expose you to a chemical such as Cadmium that is known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov/product
Do not attempt to disassemble, modify, repair, or replace the unit or any components of the unit without instruction from Jetson Customer Care. This will void any warranty, and can lead to malfunctions which may cause injury.
ADDITIONAL OPERATION CAUTIONS
Do not lift the product off the ground while it is on and the wheels are in motion. This can result in freely spinning wheels, which may cause injury to yourself or others nearby. Do not jump on or off the product, and do not jump while using it. Always keep your feet firmly planted on the foot rest while in operation. Always check the battery charge before using.
DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERY
Battery may contain hazardous substances which could endanger the environment and human health. This symbol marked on the battery and/ or packaging indicates that used battery shall not be treated as municipal waste. Batteries should be disposed of at an appropriate collection point for recycling. By ensuring the used batteries are disposed of correctly, you will help preventing potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources.
For more information about recycling of used batteries, please contact your local municipality waste disposal service.
What’s in the Box
- USB CHARGING PORT
- RELEASE LEVER
- FRONT FORK
- FRONT MOTOR WHEEL
- REAR FENDER
- REAR BRAKE LIGHT
- REAR WHEEL
- REAR DISC BRAKE
- CHARGER CABLE
*PLEASE FULLY CHARGE THE BATTERY PRIOR TO USE.
*ADULTS MUST ASSIST CHILDREN IN THE INITIAL ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES OF THE PRODUCT.
PLEASE NOTE: IMAGES MAY NOT REFLECT EXACT APPEARANCE OF ACTUAL PRODUCT.
Specs & Features
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 42.3” (L) × 18.5” (W) × 46.3” (H)
- PRODUCT FOLDED DIMENSIONS: 42.3” (L) × 18.5” (W) × 17.7” (H)
- WEIGHT LIMIT: 220 LB
- PRODUCT WEIGHT: 31 LB
- RECOMMENDED AGE: 12+
- WHEEL SIZE: 8.5”
- MAX SPEED: UP TO 15.5 MPH
- MAX RANGE: UP TO 16 MILES
- BATTERY: 36V, 7.5AH
- BATTERY TYPE: LITHIUM ION
- MOTOR: 250W
- CHARGER: 42V, 1.5A
- CHARGE TIME: UP TO 5 HOURS
- CLIMBING ANGLE: UP TO 15
Charging the Battery
ONLY USE THE INCLUDED CHARGER
- PLUG THE CHARGER INTO THE WALL BEFORE THE CHARGING PORT.
- DON’T TURN ON THE RACER WHILE IT’S CHARGING.
- CHARGE THE BATTERY UNTIL IT IS FULLY CHARGED – UP TO 5 HOURS.
- REPLACE THE COVER OVER THE CHARGING PORT WHEN DONE.
CHARGING INDICATOR ON THE CHARGER:
- – CHARGING
- – CHARGE COMPLETE
Unfolding / Folding the Racer
WARNING: ALWAYS CARRY THE RACER WHEN NOT IN USE.
ROLLING IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE.
- MAKE SURE THE STEM AND HANDLEBAR ARE SECURE.
- TO FOLD THE CANYON, SLIDE UP THE MINI TAB LOCK ON THE SIDE OF RELEASE LEVER AND RELEASE.
- SLIDE THE HANDLEBAR INTO THE STEM TUBE, TUCKING ANY EXCESS WIRE INTO THE STEM TUBE.
- LINE UP THE SCREW HOLES. INSERT AND TIGHTEN THE FOUR SCREWS USING THE ALLEN KEY. MAKE SURE THE SCREWS ARE TIGHT AND THE HANDLEBAR IS SECURE.
Operating the Racer
- POWER: HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 2 SECONDS TO TURN THE RACER ON OR OFF.
- ODOMETER: PRESS POWER BUTTON ONCE TO TOGGLE/SWITCH BETWEEN TOTAL ODOMETER (ODO) AND YOUR TRIP’S ODOMETER (TRIP).
- FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS: HOLD DOWN THE LIGHT BUTTON FOR 1 SECOND TO TURN ON LIGHTS. HOLD DOWN AGAIN TO TURN LIGHTS OFF.
SPEED MODES: PRESS LIGHT BUTTON TO CYCLE THROUGH SPEED MODES.
|MODE 1||MODE 2||MODE 3|
|UP TO 4MPH||UP TO 9MPH||UP TO 15.5MPH|
|SINGLE RANGE||TOTAL RANGE|
ERROR CODE MEANINGS:
- E0: COMMUNICATION ERROR
- E1: ABNORMAL CURRENT
- E2: THROTTLE FAILURE
- E3: BRAKE FAILURE
- E4: MOS FAILURE, OVERCURRENT FAILURE
- E5: HALL/MOTOR FAILURE
- E6: MOTOR FAILURE
- E7: LOW VOLTAGE ERROR
Using the Thumb Throttle / Handbrake
SQUEEZE THE HANDBRAKE SLOWLY TO AVOID STOPPING ABRUPTLY OR LOSING CONTROL.
PUSH DOWN ON THE THUMB THROTTLE TO ACCELERATE. TAKE IT EASY ON THE THROTTLE UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT.
Riding the Racer
- PLACE ONE FOOT IN FRONT.
- PLACE THE OTHER FOOT IN BACK, AT A 70-90° ANGLE.
- TURN THE HANDLEBAR TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT TO MAKE TURNS.
- RELEASE THE THROTTLE LEVER
- OR PRESS HANDBRAKE
- OR PRESS FOOT DOWN ON REAR FENDER.
NOTE: ALL OPTIONS CAN BE USED SIMULTANEOUSLY IF NEEDED.
CRUISE CONTROL :
- WHEN YOU GET TO DESIRED SPEED, HOLD DOWN THUMB THROTTLE FOR 9 SECONDS.
- WHEN YOU HEAR A BEEP – CRUISE CONTROL IS ON.
- PRESS HANDBRAKE TO CANCEL CRUISE CONTROL.
- THE FOREHEAD IS COVERED BY THE HELMET.
- THE FOREHEAD IS EXPOSED. COULD CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY.
Care & Maintenance
THE MAXIMUM RANGE IS 16 MILES. HOWEVER, MANY FACTORS WILL AFFECT HOW FAR YOU CAN GO PER CHARGE:
- DRIVING SURFACE: A SMOOTH, FLAT SURFACE WILL INCREASE DRIVING DISTANCE.
- WEIGHT: MORE WEIGHT MEANS LESS DISTANCE.
- TEMPERATURE: RIDE, CHARGE, AND STORE THE RACER ABOVE 50°F.
- MAINTENANCE: TIMELY BATTERY CHARGING AND MAINTENANCE WILL INCREASE DRIVING DISTANCE.
- SPEED AND DRIVING STYLE: FREQUENT STARTING AND STOPPING WILL REDUCE DRIVING DISTANCE.
CLEANING THE RACER
TO CLEAN THE RACER, CAREFULLY WIPE WITH A DAMP CLOTH, THEN DRY WITH A DRY CLOTH. DO NOT USE WATER TO CLEAN THE RACER, AS THE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS MAY GET WET, RESULTING IN PERSONAL INJURY OR MALFUNCTION OF THE RACER.
- KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE AND EXCESSIVE HEAT.
- AVOID INTENSE PHYSICAL SHOCK, SEVERE VIBRATION, OR IMPACT.
- PROTECT FROM WATER OR MOISTURE.
- DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE RACER OR ITS BATTERY.
- IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH THE BATTERY, PLEASE CONTACT JETSON CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
- FULLY CHARGE THE BATTERY BEFORE STORING. THE BATTERY SHOULD BE FULLY CHARGED ONCE A MONTH AFTER THIS.
- COVER THE RACER TO PROTECT AGAINST DUST.
- STORE THE RACER INDOORS, IN A DRY PLACE AND AT A SUITABLE TEMPERATURE.
Enjoying the ride?
Leave a review on ridejetson.com/reviews or share your photos with us online using the #RideJetson hashtag!
Follow us @ridejetson
Questions? Let us know.
Hours of Operation:
7 Days a Week, 10am-6pm
Manufactured in Shenzhen, China
Imported by Jetson Electric Bikes LLC.
86 34th Street 4th Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11232
Documents / Resources
|JETSON JRACER-BLK Racer Folding Electric Scooter [pdf] Instruction Manual|
JRACER-BLK Racer Folding Electric Scooter, JRACER-BLK, Racer Folding Electric Scooter
Related Manuals / Resources
GOTRAX Electric Scooter Documentation
Mi Electric Scooter Manual
Mi Electric Scooter Manual - Download [optimized]Mi Electric Scooter Manual - Download
SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter SG-5 User Manual
SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter SG-5 User Manual - Optimized PDF SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter…
Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual
Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual - Download [optimized]Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual - Download