Canyon Folding Electric Scooter.
A guide for your ride.
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: READ CAREFULLY.
Designed in Brooklyn
Made in China
Remember to be safe and, most importantly, have fun!
2What’s in the Box
5Unfolding / Folding the Canyon
6Charging the Battery
7Operating the Canyon
8Using the Thumb Throttle / Handbrake
9Riding the Canyon
12Documents / Resources
12.1Related Manuals / Resources
- Before use, please read the user manual and safety warnings carefully, and make sure you understand and accept all the safety instructions. The user will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by improper use.
- Before each cycle of operation, the operator shall perform the preoperation checks specified by the manufacturer: That all guards and pads originally supplied by the manufacturer are in the proper place and in serviceable condition; That the braking system is functioning properly; That any and all axle guards, chain guards, or other covers or guards supplied by the manufacturer are in place and in serviceable condition; That tires are in good condition, inflated properly, and have sufficient tread remaining; The area that the product is to be operated should be safe and suitable for safe operation.
- Components shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and using only the manufacturer’s authorized replacement parts with installation performed by dealers or other skilled persons.
- Warning against recharging non-rechargeable batteries.
- Don’t allow hands, feet, hair, body parts, clothing, or similar articles to come in contact with moving parts, wheels, or drive train, while the motor is running.
- This product should not be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Unsupervised children should not play with the product (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Adult supervision is required.
- The rider should not exceed 265 lb.
- Units shall not be operated to perform racing, stunt riding, or other maneuvers, which may cause loss of control or may cause uncontrolled operator/passenger actions or reactions.
- Never use near motor vehicles.
- Avoid sharp bumps, drainage grates, and sudden surface changes. The scooter may suddenly stop.
- Avoid streets and surfaces with water, sand, gravel, dirt, leaves, and other debris. Wet weather impairs traction, braking, and visibility.
- Avoid riding around flammable gas, steam, liquid, or dust that could cause a fire.
- Operators shall adhere to all of the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions, as well as comply with all laws and ordinances: Units without headlights shall be operated only with adequate daylight conditions of visibility, and; Owners shall be encouraged to highlight (for conspicuity) using lighting, reflectors, and for low-riding units, signal flags on flexible poles.
- Persons with the following conditions shall be cautioned not to operate: Those with heart conditions; Pregnant women; Persons with head, back, or neck ailments, or prior surgeries to those areas of the body; and persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical dexterity or mental capabilities to recognize, understand, and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use.
- Do not ride at night.
- Do not ride after drinking or taking prescription medication.
- Do not carry items when riding.
- Never operate the product barefooted.
- Always wear shoes and keep shoelaces tied.
- Make sure your feet are always placed securely on the deck.
- Operators always shall use appropriate protective clothing, including but not limited to a helmet, with the appropriate certification, and any other equipment recommended by the manufacturer: Always wear protective equipment such as helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
- Be alert to things in front and far away from you.
- Do not allow distractions when riding, such as answering the phone or engaging in any other activities.
- The product cannot be ridden by more than one person.
- When you ride the product along with other riders, always keep a safe distance to avoid a collision.
- When turning, be sure to maintain your balance.
- Riding with improperly adjusted brakes is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.
- The brake may become hot while operating, do not touch the brake with your bare skin.
- Applying brakes too hard or too suddenly can lock up a wheel, which could cause you to lose control and fall. Sudden or excessive application of the brake may result in injury or death.
- If the brake loosens, please adjust with the hexagon wrench, or please contact Jetson Customer Care.
- Replace worn or broken parts immediately.
- Check whether all safety labels are in place and understood before riding.
- The owner shall allow the use and operation of the unit after a demonstration that such operators can understand and operate all components of the unit before use.
- Do not ride without proper training. Do not ride at high speeds, on uneven terrain, or on slopes. Do not perform stunts or turn abruptly.
- Recommended for indoor use.
- Prolonged exposure to UV rays, rain, and the elements may damage the enclosure materials, store indoors when not in use.
California Proposition 65
This product can expose you to a chemical such as Cadmium which is known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov/product
Do not attempt to disassemble, modify, repair, or replace the unit or any components of the unit without instruction from Jetson Customer Care. This will void any warranty and can lead to malfunctions that may cause injury.
ADDITIONAL OPERATION CAUTIONS
Do not lift the product off the ground while it is on and the wheels are in motion. This can result in freely spinning wheels, which may cause injury to yourself or others nearby. Do not jump on or off the product, and do not jump while using it. Always keep your feet firmly planted on the footrest while in operation. Always check the battery charge before using.
NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and
on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Shielded cables must be used with this unit to ensure compliance with the Class B FCC limits.
DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERY
The battery may contain hazardous substances which could endanger the environment and human health. This symbol marked on the battery and/ or packaging indicates that the used battery shall not be treated as municipal waste. Batteries should be disposed of at an appropriate collection point for recycling. By ensuring the used batteries are disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources.
For more information about recycling used batteries, please contact your local municipality waste disposal service.
What’s in the Box
|1. HANDLEBAR||10. DECK|
|2. HEADLIGHT||11. MUDGUARD|
|3. USB CHARGING PORT||12. REAR BRAKE LIGHT|
|4. HOOK||13. REAR MOTOR|
|5. BELL||14. REAR DISC BRAKE|
|6. RELEASE LEVER||15. REAR TIRE|
|7. FRONT SUSPENSION||16. REAR DUAL SUSPENSION|
|8. FRONT WHEEL||17. CHARGER|
|9. KICKSTAND||18. CHARGER CABLE|
HARDWARE / TOOLS INCLUDED:
*PLEASE FULLY CHARGE THE BATTERY PRIOR TO USE.
*ADULTS MUST ASSIST CHILDREN IN THE INITIAL ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES OF THE PRODUCT.
PLEASE NOTE: IMAGES MAY NOT REFLECT THE EXACT APPEARANCE OF THE ACTUAL PRODUCT.
Specs & Features
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 44.5” (L) × 18.5” (W) × 49.21” (H)
- PRODUCT FOLDED DIMENSIONS: 44.5” (L) × 18.5” (W) × 18.9” (H)
- WEIGHT LIMIT: 265 LB
- PRODUCT WEIGHT: 62 LB
- RECOMMENDED AGE: 12+
- WHEEL SIZE: 8.5”
- MAX SPEED: UP TO 15.5 MPH
- MAX RANGE: UP TO 22 MILES
- BATTERY: 48V 10AH
- BATTERY TYPE: LITHIUM-ION
- MOTOR: 500W
- CHARGER: 54.6V, 2AH
- CHARGE TIME: UP TO 6 HOURS
- CLIMBING ANGLE: UP TO 20°
1. Get Started
- SLIDE THE HANDLEBAR INTO THE STEM TUBE, TUCKING ANY EXCESS WIRE INTO THE STEM TUBE.
- LINE UP THE SCREW HOLES. INSERT AND TIGHTEN THE FOUR SCREWS USING THE ALLEN KEY. MAKE SURE THE SCREWS ARE TIGHT AND THE HANDLEBAR IS SECURE.
Unfolding / Folding the Canyon
WARNING: ALWAYS CARRY THE CANYON WHEN NOT IN USE.
ROLLING IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE.
- MAKE SURE THE STEM AND HANDLEBAR ARE SECURE.
- TO FOLD THE CANYON, SLIDE UP THE MINI TAB LOCK ON THE SIDE OF THE RELEASE LEVER AND RELEASE.
Charging the Battery
- ONLY USE THE INCLUDED CHARGER
- PLUG THE CHARGER INTO THE WALL OUTLET BEFORE THE CHARGING PORT
- DON’T TURN ON THE CANYON WHILE IT’S CHARGING
- CHARGE THE BATTERY UNTIL IT IS AT 100% – UP TO 6 HOURS
CHARGING INDICATOR ON THE CHARGER:
– CHARGE COMPLETE
Operating the Canyon
- POWER: HOLD DOWN THE FUNCTION BUTTON FOR 2 SECONDS TO TURN THE RACER ON OR OFF.
- ODOMETER: PRESS THE FUNCTION BUTTON TO SHOW THE TOTAL ODOMETER (ODO) AND YOUR TRIP’S ODOMETER (TRIP).
- FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS: HOLD DOWN THE SPEED SELECTION BUTTON FOR 1 SECOND TO TURN ON THE LIGHTS.
HOLD DOWN AGAIN TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.
SPEED MODES: PRESS THE LIGHT BUTTON TO CYCLE THROUGH SPEED MODES.
|MODE 1||MODE 2||MODE 3|
|UP TO 3MPH||UP TO 10MPH||UP TO 15.5MPH|
|SINGLE RANGE||TOTAL RANGE|
ERROR CODE MEANINGS:
- E0: COMMUNICATION ERROR
- E1: ABNORMAL CURRENT
- E2: THROTTLE FAILURE
- E3: BRAKE FAILURE
- E4: MOS FAILURE, OVERCURRENT FAILURE
- E5: HALL/MOTOR FAILURE
- E6: MOTOR FAILURE
- E7: LOW VOLTAGE ERROR
- E8: OVER HIGH VOLTAGE ERROR
PRODUCT RANGE, SPEED, BATTERY LIFE, AND OTHER SPECIFICATIONS MAY VARY BASED ON RIDER AND RIDING CONDITIONS.
2. Make Moves
Using the Thumb Throttle / Handbrake
SQUEEZE THE HANDBRAKE SLOWLY TO AVOID STOPPING ABRUPTLY OR LOSING CONTROL.
PUSH DOWN ON THE THUMB THROTTLE TO ACCELERATE. TAKE IT EASY ON THE THROTTLE UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT.
Riding the Canyon
PLACE ONE FOOT IN FRONT.
• PLACE THE OTHER FOOT IN THE BACK, AT A 70-90° ANGLE.
• TURN THE HANDLEBAR TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT TO MAKE TURNS.
CRUISE CONTROL FUNCTION:
- HOLD THUMB THROTTLE AT DESIRED SPEED FOR 9 SECONDS UNTIL YOU HEAR 1 BEEP AND CRUISE CONTROL IS ON.
- PRESS THE HANDBRAKE TO TURN OFF CRUISE CONTROL.
- RELEASE THE THROTTLE LEVER
- OR PRESS HANDBRAKE
Care & Maintenance
THE MAXIMUM RANGE IS 22 MILES. HOWEVER, MANY FACTORS WILL AFFECT HOW FAR YOU CAN GO PER CHARGE:
- DRIVING SURFACE: A SMOOTH, FLAT SURFACE WILL INCREASE DRIVING DISTANCE.
- WEIGHT: MORE WEIGHT MEANS LESS DISTANCE.
- TEMPERATURE: RIDE, CHARGE, AND STORE THE CANYON ABOVE 50°F.
- MAINTENANCE: TIMELY BATTERY CHARGING AND MAINTENANCE WILL INCREASE DRIVING DISTANCE.
- SPEED AND DRIVING STYLE: FREQUENT STARTING AND STOPPING WILL REDUCE DRIVING DISTANCE.
CLEANING THE CANYON
TO CLEAN THE CANYON, CAREFULLY WIPE WITH A DAMP CLOTH, THEN DRY WITH A DRY CLOTH. DO NOT USE WATER TO CLEAN THE CANYON, AS THE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS MAY GET WET, RESULTING IN PERSONAL INJURY OR MALFUNCTION OF THE CANYON.
- KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE AND EXCESSIVE HEAT.
- AVOID INTENSE PHYSICAL SHOCK, SEVERE VIBRATION, OR IMPACT.
- PROTECT FROM WATER OR MOISTURE.
- DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE CANYON OR ITS BATTERY.
- IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH THE BATTERY, PLEASE CONTACT JETSON CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
- FULLY CHARGE THE BATTERY BEFORE STORING. THE BATTERY SHOULD BE FULLY CHARGED ONCE A MONTH AFTER THIS.
- COVER THE CANYON TO PROTECT AGAINST DUST.
- STORE THE CANYON INDOORS, IN A DRY PLACE, AND AT A SUITABLE TEMPERATURE.
Enjoying the ride?
Leave a review on ridejetson.com/reviews or share your photos with us
online using the #RideJetson hashtag!
Follow us @ridejetson
Documents / Resources
|JETSON JCANYO-BLK Canyon Folding Electric Scooter [pdf] Instruction Manual|
JCANYO-BLK Canyon Folding Electric Scooter, JCANYO-BLK, Canyon Folding Electric Scooter
Related Manuals / Resources
GOTRAX Electric Scooter Documentation
Mi Electric Scooter Manual
Mi Electric Scooter Manual - Download [optimized]Mi Electric Scooter Manual - Download
SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter SG-5 User Manual
SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter SG-5 User Manual - Optimized PDF SWAGTRON Swagger 5 Folding Electric Scooter…
Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual
Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual - Download [optimized]Mi Electric Scooter Pro Manual - Download